How Can Press Release Increase Web Traffic?
Administrator Rusbiz Portal
l March 14 2006 l Viewings: 6002
By: Allen Borwn
Publicity is indispensable to run a business, whether your business is located at the market center or on Internet. When a business has little or even no budget to promote, "Press Release" is the most advantageous method to promote business.
Writing press release has become a prominent way to drive targeted site traffic. In fact, if you are not writing press release you are missing the best way to boost targeted web site traffic to your website.
Online press release provides considerable platform to reach massive online community. A well-prepared press release would attract journalists and is also well optimized for distribution to targeted audience.
The following are the three effective ways to increase targeted web site traffic via well-drafted optimized press release.
• Press Releases can create hundreds of back links to your website. Via publishing press release to many news wire services on the Internet, will get links from high-ranking web sites, as these sites tend to be highly ranked sites. Additionally, press releases will be picked up by other sites too that have the similar content which creates even more links pointing to your site.
• Generating the links around the web towards the website increases its page-rank automatically. Since the page rank goes up the higher site will be ranked in the search engines. As a result, more traffic will be driven to the website from the search engines.
• Regular press releases distribution about the website will emboss a brand name at the forefront in minds of the people. Keeping a business in front of the public is one of the best ways to promote business and press release is a great way to do so. The more often the website appears on the net the more it perceived as an expert in its niche.
How to draft excellent press release:
Beginning should be solid: Remember to make your title and initial lines cover, what you want to express. The remaining part of your press release should depict the detailed information.
Use product name repetitively: Repeat placements of the name of your service or product to make it eminent. For example write “Search Engine Optimization” instead of writing “SEO” this would make your product name much popular.
Draft it for Journalists/Media agencies: The media agencies and journalists would grab your press release and publish it in their publications; they may slightly edit your press release.
Consider viewer’s way: You should consider to whom you are targeting your press release, and what is their interest. Think, if you were a part of audience, would you like to read the press release you have written.
Make your press release appear practical: Point out real facts of your company/organization, as readers are already so scholar enough to find out ‘what’s true and what not’?
Make your story that includes real facts: Avoid untrue examples and add-ons. If you find the content using much-added extras, make it natural and real. Your press release should be in active voice, not passive. Verbs in the active voice make your press release live.
Use only sufficient words: Avoid using superfluous adjectives, extravagant language, or unnecessary expressions like “The most powerful”. Tell your story with lesser words, as verbosity distracts from your content.
Avoid usage of terminology: However, a limited use of terminology would be allowed if required, if you aim to optimize news release for Internet search engines. The finest technique to communicate your press release is to speak neatly, using regular language.
Keep away from too many exclamations: Too much usage of exclamation point (!) may harm your press release. But, if you have to use an exclamation point, use only one.
Get company permission: Companies are very self-protective about their recognition and credibility. So, get written permission before putting in any information or quotes about the company.
Company Information: The press release should include a short description of company, which depicts your company, products, service and a brief history of company.
Now you have find press releases as one of the best ways to boost targeted website traffic, consider using press releases as another tool in your marketing toolbox.
Article source: http://library.rusbiz.com
• Press Here To Make The News
• How to Write a Press Release, Use the Media to Grow Your Business FREE Publicity
• 7 Reasons Why Press Releases Beat Advertising
• How Examples Can Help You Get More Publicity
• Managers: Got the Right PR?
• How to get Free Publicity to Boost Your Business
• 7 Tips In Creating Publicity For Corporate Events
• The 10 Most Common Publicity Mistakes Don't Sabotage Your Success!
• Public Relations: Use Its Core Strength
• The Mother of All Publics