The MOST Powerful Marketing and Advertising
on the Planet!
l March 16 2006 l Viewings: 6277
It sounds too simple to be true, but it really is... A well targeted and timely PRESS RELEASE to the media is the most powerful form of marketing and advertising on the planet! A high quality press release, with the proper targeting and distribution to reach the correct media members, could have many businesses sailing on a sea of new sales and profits. Just one feature or a mention in a popular or targeted business publication has the potential to cause some business's phones to literally be ringing off the hook!
The next big question that arises, "How do you go about writing a quality press release that will grab the attention of the media and your particular audience? Here are some tips to help you succeed:
- Pick a "Newsworthy" Angle. Press releases are not an advertisement. Do not try to sell your product or service. Do not use "hype" in press releases. Instead give the media what they want and they will give you what you want... Now, what the press and media really want is a story! Just provide: the Who, What, When, Where and How with regards to the uses of your products and or services in a story format. Show examples of ways that people have used your products and services to their benefit. If you can include some emotions in your story all the better. Think to yourself: Would this be something that I might read in a newspaper?
- Get a Good Start. The headline and the first few sentences of the first paragraph are the absolute most important part of the press release. If you don't catch the readers interest here you will lose your audience. The best way to do this is to use your most hard hitting infomation FIRST rather than build to a climax. This may be opposite to what you would normally do when writing other material - but it does work! What follows in your press release are the details that SUPPORT your story or theme.
- Write to the Media. Remember your press release is being read by a journalist, editor or reporter, not necessarily a client. It's not your job to sell them your product or service. It IS your job to give them an interesting story or piece of news that they will be happy to share and announce to their audience.
- Keep your release short and to the point. It should contain no more than about 500 words and no more than two pages.
- Include your contact information. Provide full contact name, company name, full address, phone number, email address and Web site URL. The contact name should be someone who is knowledgeable and available to answer any questions by media members such as editors, reporters and journalists.
Targeted press releases to the media have helped thousands of companies succeed. They are the most powerful form of marketing and advertising on the planet! Remember: One article is all it takes!
For more information on how you can get a quality targeted press release written or have your press release distributed to the targeted media contacts in our 600,0000 press and media contact database, please visit our Advanced PR department at Majon International.
Article source: http://library.rusbiz.com
Х 5 Press Release Tips That Get Your News Noticed
Х Powerful Strategy to Get More Press and Media Exposure.
Х Did you Know That Even TV Remote Control Units Can Get Press and Media Coverage?
Х How Can Press Release Increase Web Traffic?
Х Offline Can Pay Off Ц Ten Ways To Increase Website Activity Without Being Online
Х What Every Website Owner Must Know
Х One from American Express: A Cashback Credit Card Explained
Х Green Tea and Cholesterol facts
Х How to Stay Balanced During Stressful Situations
Х Where to Take Single Women on a Date to Really Impress Her